Patton Leadership Institute
Named in honor of the leadership that Governor Paul and Judi Patton have exhibited throughout their careers, Patton Leadership Institute (PLI) is a continuation of Leadership Southeast Kentucky, which began in 2003.
PLI builds teams of emerging leaders from throughout the region who have assumed leadership roles in their communities but may not hold established positions.
Participants in the program attend a two-day opening session and eight day-long training seminars during the program. The curriculum weaves together topics crucial to the development of community such as education, economic development, healthcare, energy, tourism, and government. Key leadership skills are integrated into each session.
The program is based on a set of core beliefs pertaining to the creation of leaders in rural communities:
- Focusing on personal and professional development.
- Educating individuals on the assets of Eastern Kentucky.
- Developing, growing, and strengthening leadership skills.
- Engaging with business and community leaders and each other.
2022-2023 Session Dates
Sessions are held the first Thursday of each month.
- Oct 6-7, 2022
- Nov 3, 2022
- Dec 1, 2022
- Jan 5, 2023
- Feb 2, 2022
- Mar 2, 2023
- Apr 6, 2023
- May 4, 2023
- Jun 1, 2023
Program Tuition | $499
Member pricing is $499, non-member pricing is $699. Program tuition includes:
- Reading materials
- Program speakers & facilitators
- Lodging (during opening retreat)