Southeast Kentucky needs a vision for the future. The Southeast Kentucky Chamber is delivering that vision and is developing the leaders to implement it through Patton Leadership Institute (PLI). Named in honor of the leadership that Governor Paul and Judi Patton have exhibited throughout their careers, PLI is a continuation of Leadership Southeast Kentucky, which began in 2003.
PLI builds teams of emerging leaders from throughout the region who have assumed leadership roles in their communities but may not hold established positions.
Participants in the program attend a two-day opening session and eight day-long training seminars during a nine-month period. The curriculum weaves together topics crucial to the development of community such as education, economic development, healthcare, energy, tourism, and government Key leadership skills are integrated into each session.
The program is based on a set of core beliefs pertaining to the creation of leaders in rural communities:
- Engage participants in meaningful ways with each other and business leaders
- Educate each class on the regional assets of eastern Kentucky
- Focus on meaningful expansion of personal & professional development
- Develop, grow, and strengthen leadership skills
Program Tuition is $499
2019-2020 Tentative Session Dates
- October 10-11, 2019 | Thursday & Friday
- November 8, 2019 | Friday
- December 13, 2019 | Friday
- January 10, 2020 | Friday
- February 14, 2020 | Friday
- March 13, 2020 | Friday
- April 9, 2020 | Thursday
- May 8, 2020 | Friday
- June 12, 2020 | Friday